IN RECOGNITION OF NATIONAL SMALL BUSINESS WEEK
ANNOUNCE PALM BEACH SCORE'S 4TH ANNUAL
ENTREPRENEUR CELEBRATION & RECOGNITION AWARDS
WEDNESDAY, MAY 10th, 11:30 AM - 2:00 PM • FPL MANATEE LAGOON
MEET OUR 2017 AWARD FINALISTS
6000 N. Flagler Drive, W.P.B, 33407
Be recognized for what you have accomplished—and be ready to grow your business to the next level!
Palm Beach SCORE is celebrating it’s fourth annual Small Business Owner of the Year Award
With a $5,000 prize for the winning entry plus $1,000 each for the two runners-up
$5K AWARD DETAILS
If you are a small business owner in Palm Beach County and have attended a SCORE workshop or received mentoring from a SCORE Certified Mentor, you are eligible to apply for the award. Special consideration will be given to those businesses who are at least 2 years old and produced a steady revenue stream of at least $100,000 annually and have at least 1 employee other than the owner.An independent panel of judges selected from the business community of the Palm Beaches will determine the first, second and third place winners based on the following award criteria.
- Receiving the award will have measurable results for the business. (Example: Building an e-commerce capable web site; purchasing equipment that will allow you to expand your business, etc.)
- The award is intended to provide funds to businesses that are ready to grow to the next level. The judges will look at factors such as owner experience in the industry or field, financial condition of the business, owner time spent in the business and related factors.
- The judges may meet with business owners to obtain further information before a final selection. A video production will include interviews with the 3 finalists and will be shown during the luncheon just prior to announcing the winner on May 10th. All applicants MUST agree to be present at the awards luncheon!
- Submittal of an application waives all rights to the video production. Copies will be available to the finalists.
Application is simple—just answer the questions detailed on the next page and email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Or you can mail your application to SCORE Entrepreneur Award Application. 500 South Australian Avenue, #115, West Palm Beach, FL 33401. The application must not exceed 3 pages and be received in-office no later than 1 PM Friday, April 14th.
APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS — maximum 3 pages
Section 1: Eligibility
- Name of Business
- Name of Owner(s)
- Email address of Owner:
- Date Founded
- Business address, phone, website, social media sites
- Legal structure: Sole Proprietorship, Partnership, C Corp, LLC, Subchapter S, Non-Profit?
- Total Gross receipts for previous fiscal year as well as pre-tax profit/loss
- Number of employees other than owner; number of independent contractors
- Describe services received from Palm Beach SCORE or the Chamber and how they helped your business
Section 2: Market
- In 500 words or less, describe your business’ products or services and the market or customers it serves
Section 3: Owner’s Information
- What is your long range vision and goals for your business
- Describe your background, including skills, work experience, education, certification and business training
Section 4: What would you do with $5,000?
- How will the funds be used—describe and provide an estimated budget
- How will this award strengthen your business and help you achieve your goals
- Your management plan for the growth that may result from the publicity generated by winning this award.
SCORE Entrepreneur Award Application email to email@example.com or,
mail to Palm Beach SCORE, 500 South Australian Avenue, #115, West Palm Beach, FL 33401
Application must not exceed 3 pages and be received in-office no later than 1 PM Friday, April 14th